Dr. Jared Garlick is a skilled aesthetic fellowship-trained and board-certified plastic surgeon based in South Jordan, UT. As a Utah native, Dr. Garlick discovered a passion for medicine and art early on and pursued aesthetic plastic surgery as the perfect amalgamation of the two. He graduated magna cum laude from Southern Utah University with a Bachelor of Science degree in 2010, subsequently earning his Doctor of Medicine (MD) from the University of Utah School of Medicine. After completing a six-year Integrated Plastic Surgery residency at the University of Utah, Dr. Garlick was chosen for a prestigious Aesthetic Surgery Fellowship, endorsed by the Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Society, at the Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) in Houston, TX. As an ACPS Fellow, Dr. Garlick trained under renowned plastic surgeons and learned key techniques in attaining the best aesthetic outcomes with breast, body, and facial plastic surgery procedures, as well as non-surgical med spa services. Dr. Garlick is the only practicing plastic surgeon in Utah who has completed a prestigious aesthetic fellowship endorsed by the Plastic Surgery Aesthetic Society.
“Dr. Garlick was incredibly thorough, knowledgeable and had excellent bedside manner. He made me feel so comfortable during every one of my visits with him. He is also an incredible surgeon.”
- 2020 to 2021 – ASAPS-Endorsed Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Fellowship – Aesthetic Center for Plastic Surgery (ACPS) – Houston, TX
- 2014 to 2020 – Integrated Plastic Surgery Residency, Division of Plastic Surgery – University of Utah Hospitals and Clinic – Division of Plastic Surgery (Salt Lake City, UT)
- 2010 to 2014 – Doctor of Medicine – University of Utah School of Medicine (Salt Lake City, UT)
- 2006 to 2010 – Bachelor of Science – Southern Utah University Cedar City, UT)
Honors & Awards
- June 20, 2020 – Teaching Resident of the Year Award, University of Utah Division of Plastic Surgery
- June 22, 2019 – Teaching Resident of the Year Award, University of Utah Division of Plastic Surgery
- June 23, 2018 – Resident Research Award, University of Utah Division of Plastic Surgery
- March 9-11, 2018 – Best Aesthetics Paper, 3rd Annual Meeting of the Mountain West Society of Plastic Surgeons, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
- 2010-2014 – Ambassador President, University of Utah School of Medicine
- 2010 – Magna Cum Laude Graduate, Southern Utah University
- 2009 – Distinguished Service Award, Department of Biology, Southern Utah University
- Crowe CS, Lopez J, Morrison SD, Drolet BC, Janis JE, PRS Resident Council. The Effects of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Resident Education and Wellness: A National Survey of Plastic Surgery Residents. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2021 Aug 9;10.1097.
- Magno-Padron DA, Luo J, Jessop TC, Garlick JW, Manum JS, Carter GC, Agarwal JP, Kwok AC. A population-based study of breast implant illness. Arch Plast Surg. 2021;48(4):353-360.
- Saltz R, Garlick JW. Invited Discussion on: A New Technique for Remodeling and Increasing the Diameter of the Legs through Lipotransfer and Vertical Subcutaneous Fasciotomy of the Posterior Tibial Aponeurosis. Aesth Plast Surg. June 2021.
- Veith JP, Goodwin IA, Magno-Padron D, Panushka KA, Willcockson JR, Garlick JW, Matsen CP, Kwok A, Agarwal C. Current Practices in Pathologic Assessment of Breast Tissue in Female-to-Male Transgender Top Surgery. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2020 Jul; 8(7S):3.
- Garlick JW. Consult Corner: Intra-Arterial Injection of Soft-Tissue Filler with Impending Necrosis. Plastic Surgery Resident Magazine. Summer 2019;15(2):10-13.
- Graham E, Garlick JW, Johns D. Congenital Amniotic Constriction Band of the Pelvis: First Reported Case and Proposed Classification Criterion. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 7(7):e2336, July 2019.
- Donato DP, Simpson AM, Garlick JW, Kwok AC, Crombie C, Agarwal JP. Abdominal contouring and male gender: Analysis of complications using the National Quality Improvement Program Database. Ann Plast Surg. 2019 Mar 13. PMID: 30882406
- Garlick JW, Olson KA, Downs-Kelly E, Bucher BT, Matsen CB. Secretory Breast Carcinoma in an 8-year-old girl: A case report and literature review. Breast J. 2018;00:1-7. PMID: 30251458
- Garlick JW, Willis RN, Donato DP, Gociman B. Cherubism in a 4-year-old boy managed with tumor curettage, mandibular osteotomies and repositioning. Plast Aesthet Res. 2018;5:29. Plastic and Aesthetic Research
- Garlick JW, Goodwin IA, Wolter K, Agarwal JP. Arterialized venous flow-through flaps in the reconstruction of digital defects: case series and review of the literature. Hand (NY). 2015 Jun;10(2):184-90. PMID: 26034428
- Stewart CM, Garlick J, Mcmullin J, Siddiqi F, Crombie C, Rockwell WB, Gociman B. Surgical Excision of Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer in an Elderly Veteran’s Affairs Population. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open. 2015 Jan 8;2(12):e277. PMID: 25587511.
- Shea JE, Garlick JW, Salama ME, Mendenhall SD, Moran LA, Agarwal JP. Side-to-Side Nerve Bridges Reduce Muscle Atrophy After Peripheral Nerve Injury in a Rodent Model. Journal of Surgical Research. 2014 Mar; 187(1):350-8. PMID: 24231521
- Gociman B, Agko M, Blagg R, Garlick J, Kestle J, Siddiqi F. Endoscopic-assisted Correction of Metopic Synostosis. Journal of Craniofacial Surgery. 2013 May;24(3):763-8. PMID: 23714875
- Baumann D, Clark B, Garlick J, Samha, H. Molecular Distribution Behavior of Cyanine Dyes in Aqueous Solution. American Journal of Undergraduate Research. 2009 Mar. 7(4):1-5. Baumann Art